Originally published 04/28/2015
Is marriage necessary?
Originally published 01/01/2015
If the Census Bureau proceeds with a recently released plan, then in a few years’ time, we will know very little about how the contours of family life are changing.
Originally published 03/11/2014
New research indicates that cohabitation does not cause divorce.
Originally published 11/26/2013
Marriage increasingly seen out of reach to all but educated elite.
Originally published 10/02/2013
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
Originally published 08/12/2014
Why are married people richer and divorced people poorer? Two factors contribute heavily to the financial decline surrounding divorce: losing the inherent wealth-creation aspects of marriage, and State-imposed costs such as alimony and “the divorce industry.” It is therefore not surprising to find out that it is government's control over marriage that is the culprit.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize