Originally published 01/01/2015
If the Census Bureau proceeds with a recently released plan, then in a few years’ time, we will know very little about how the contours of family life are changing.
Originally published 03/11/2014
New research indicates that cohabitation does not cause divorce.
Originally published 11/26/2013
Marriage increasingly seen out of reach to all but educated elite.
Originally published 10/02/2013
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
Originally published 08/12/2014
Why are married people richer and divorced people poorer? Two factors contribute heavily to the financial decline surrounding divorce: losing the inherent wealth-creation aspects of marriage, and State-imposed costs such as alimony and “the divorce industry.” It is therefore not surprising to find out that it is government's control over marriage that is the culprit.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston