Originally published 01/01/2015
If the Census Bureau proceeds with a recently released plan, then in a few years’ time, we will know very little about how the contours of family life are changing.
Originally published 03/11/2014
New research indicates that cohabitation does not cause divorce.
Originally published 11/26/2013
Marriage increasingly seen out of reach to all but educated elite.
Originally published 10/02/2013
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
Originally published 08/12/2014
Why are married people richer and divorced people poorer? Two factors contribute heavily to the financial decline surrounding divorce: losing the inherent wealth-creation aspects of marriage, and State-imposed costs such as alimony and “the divorce industry.” It is therefore not surprising to find out that it is government's control over marriage that is the culprit.
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History