Originally published 03/25/2014
The most comprehensive study of Saudi textbooks ever commissioned by the U.S. government was completed at the end of 2012, but to this date the State Department has kept it from the public.
Originally published 03/11/2014
Saudi Arabia's religious authorities have angered both locals and archeologists alike after they removed gravestones from a 3,000-year-old burial site in the city of al-Baha.
Originally published 11/27/2013
For the Saudis, money can't buy everything.
Originally published 02/12/2013
Satellite image (from Bing) of what could be the two-year-old U.S. drone base in Saudi Arabia.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean