Originally published 04/10/2017
Early on he made a decision to award offices only on the basis of merit.
Originally published 11/21/2016
The so-called Bobby Kennedy Law may get in the way.
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues
- Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
- Jon Meacham points out why Lee should go but Washington should stay
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."