Democrats Are About to Set a Historical Record as the First Political Party to Win Six Out of Seven Popular Vote Victories for the White House
by Ronald L. Feinman
The consequence will be that the presidency becomes ever more powerful and the Congress weaker.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Research suggests that exposing voters to flags will trigger pro-GOP feelings.
SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Jill Lepore
The spectacles in Cleveland and Philadelphia both came down to a question as old as the Republic: who are the people and who speaks for them?
by Ed Simon
What the president highlighted is that the party of Lincoln has increasingly become the party of Lincoln Rockwell.
The current Republican Party may also fall into that category, given how many powerful Republicans have refused to back Mr. Trump.
Michelle Obama, speaking at the Democratic Convention, said she lived in a home built by slaves. Some were taken aback, but history supports her.
by Tim Naftali
In modern U.S. political history, how unprecedented are such serious efforts by foreign governments to mess with our domestic politics? Not at all unprecedented, as it turns out.
It started with Eleanor Roosevelt in 1940.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers