Blogs Liberty and Power We Win Screenwriting Contest (T.R.M. Howard Historical Film)Jun 28, 2017
We Win Screenwriting Contest (T.R.M. Howard Historical Film)
tags: Emmett Till,Beito,T.R.M. Howard
Our screenplay (co-authored by Linda Royster Beito), "Keepin' It Mighty Hot," which focuses on T.R.M. Howard's role in the Emmett Till case, won first prize the 2017 Screenwriting Competition of the Alabama Writers Conclave.
The Conclave is one of the oldest writers' organizations in the United States, and probably the leading one in the state, and supports aspiring writers and artists. The picture shows Howard getting crowned "king of the party" by Jesse Owens.
comments powered by Disqus
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida