Vatican sells facsimiles of Henry VIII letter that led to schism with Rome
The Vatican announced that 200 copies of the elaborately decorated parchment from 1530, which bore an appeal by English peers to Pope Clement VII asking for the annulment of Henry's marriage, would go on sale for 50,000 euros (£43,000) each.
Each facsimile of the Causa Anglica, as the three-foot-long document is known, has taken two months to produce.
comments powered by Disqus
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds