Vatican sells facsimiles of Henry VIII letter that led to schism with Rome
The Vatican announced that 200 copies of the elaborately decorated parchment from 1530, which bore an appeal by English peers to Pope Clement VII asking for the annulment of Henry's marriage, would go on sale for 50,000 euros (£43,000) each.
Each facsimile of the Causa Anglica, as the three-foot-long document is known, has taken two months to produce.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project