Vatican sells facsimiles of Henry VIII letter that led to schism with Rome
The Vatican announced that 200 copies of the elaborately decorated parchment from 1530, which bore an appeal by English peers to Pope Clement VII asking for the annulment of Henry's marriage, would go on sale for 50,000 euros (£43,000) each.
Each facsimile of the Causa Anglica, as the three-foot-long document is known, has taken two months to produce.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic