Vatican sells facsimiles of Henry VIII letter that led to schism with RomeBreaking News
The Vatican announced that 200 copies of the elaborately decorated parchment from 1530, which bore an appeal by English peers to Pope Clement VII asking for the annulment of Henry's marriage, would go on sale for 50,000 euros (£43,000) each.
Each facsimile of the Causa Anglica, as the three-foot-long document is known, has taken two months to produce.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103