US seeks to stop Geronimo lawsuitBreaking News
They are also seeking the return of body parts they say were stolen in 1918 or 1919 by a secret society at Yale University known as Skull and Bones.
But justice officials say the law cited by the plaintiffs is not applicable.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 6/24/2009
No one else will comment on this, it's only a Native American's bones, but let's say Somalia wanted the bones of a black man brought home to them, the media would rend their clothing and bewail the injustice and demand funding and rules would be bent to arrange it. Geronimo's bones should rest with those of his ancestors, all turning to dust in their time.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history