Ratko Mladic video shows him 'living freely in Serbia'Breaking News
The hour-long video purports to show him enjoying the snow in a ski resort and going on family outings, despite being wanted on war crimes charges in connection with the Bosnian civil war.
The previously unseen images, some of them allegedly filmed as recently as a few months ago, appear to confound Serbia's insistence that it is doing all it can to arrest the former general.
Sarajevo-based FTV television network said they show Mladic enjoying himself in various restaurants and apartments in the Belgrade suburb of Kosutnjak and also at what appears to be a military barracks in Serbia, in the company of senior Serbian army officers.
The station said it had more than an hour of footage of Mladic, the most recent filmed last winter at an unidentified ski resort, where he stands with two women identified as his wife and daughter-in-law.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize