Air France crash: mystery of plane disappearances
* In 1936, French aviator Jean Mermoz disappeared along with his Latécoère 300 plane 800 kilometres off the coast of Dakar, Senegal, after sending a short message reporting engine problems. The wreckage was never found.
* US aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappeared over the central Pacific Ocean in 1937 while attempting to fly around the world along the Equator. In her last radio message Earhart, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, had reported running out of fuel. No trace of the two or wreckage was ever found....
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia