Powell: 'I am still a Republican'Breaking News
Calling for his divided party to widen its ranks, Powell declared, "I am still a Republican."
In an appearance on CBS' Face the Nation, Powell responded to attacks from former Vice President Dick Cheney and talk show host Rush Limbaugh, saying they are "not members of the membership committee of the Republican Party."
comments powered by Disqus
Greg L, Reinders - 5/25/2009
Secretary Powell is correct. As long as Cheney and Limbaugh a spokesmen of the party, it will dwindle down to only those who supported failure. I do not hear anyone in the party trying to come up with a way to attract more people from the middle; perhaps because those who speak for it, see anyone even a little left toward the middle as liberals.
Randolph Phillips - 5/25/2009
Well, Powell may still be a Republican, but only in his own mind. McCain, too.
What they are trying to do is restore the Rockefeller view--the old eastern liberal establishment sent packing by Goldwater in 1964--to leadership in the Republican Party.
If the McCain/Powell/Rove/Reed cabal now traipsing the country gets its way--and the MSM devoutly hopes they will--there will be two liberal and no conservative party in the country.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- DNA Offers Insights into European Hunter Gatherers
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948