U. of Colorado Makes It Official: Ward Churchill Is Not Welcome Back
In the brief, filed yesterday in state court, the university’s lawyers note that the jury that found last month that Mr. Churchill had been fired unjustly, in violation of his free-speech rights, also determined that he was due only $1 in damages. The jury’s decision to award Mr. Churchill such a nominal sum “can be seen only as a complete repudiation of Professor Churchill’s scholarship and the jury’s ultimate conclusion that he destroyed his own reputation.”
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/22/2009
Faux Indian and dubious scholar but it took Colorado seventee years to recognize and do something about it. For most of that time they gloried in his presence, how gracious they must have felt welcoming an aborigine as their equal. It is odd that no one thought to question him, it was probably the long hair and beaded jewelry, but could he dance?
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor