U. of Colorado Makes It Official: Ward Churchill Is Not Welcome Back
In the brief, filed yesterday in state court, the university’s lawyers note that the jury that found last month that Mr. Churchill had been fired unjustly, in violation of his free-speech rights, also determined that he was due only $1 in damages. The jury’s decision to award Mr. Churchill such a nominal sum “can be seen only as a complete repudiation of Professor Churchill’s scholarship and the jury’s ultimate conclusion that he destroyed his own reputation.”
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 5/22/2009
Faux Indian and dubious scholar but it took Colorado seventee years to recognize and do something about it. For most of that time they gloried in his presence, how gracious they must have felt welcoming an aborigine as their equal. It is odd that no one thought to question him, it was probably the long hair and beaded jewelry, but could he dance?
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily