'Don't lie about Russia's war history'Breaking News
A presidential decree posted on the Kremlin's website said "the commission will engage in the compilation and analysis of information on the falsification of historical facts and events, directed at lowering the international prestige of the Russian Federation".
It comes days after the president warned against anybody questioning Russian history and its wartime sacrifice – millions of Soviet civilians and soldiers died in years of bloody fighting and German occupation .
comments powered by Disqus
Dalek Dukat - 5/21/2009
It is good to see the Russians standing up for themselves. Now, the trick will be to try to get as many English-language books written about battles like Operation Bagration available in North America, which is so awash in books about D-Day that one could be forgiven for thinking that D-Day was the sole deciding factor in bringing down the Reich.
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?