'Don't lie about Russia's war history'Breaking News
A presidential decree posted on the Kremlin's website said "the commission will engage in the compilation and analysis of information on the falsification of historical facts and events, directed at lowering the international prestige of the Russian Federation".
It comes days after the president warned against anybody questioning Russian history and its wartime sacrifice – millions of Soviet civilians and soldiers died in years of bloody fighting and German occupation .
comments powered by Disqus
Dalek Dukat - 5/21/2009
It is good to see the Russians standing up for themselves. Now, the trick will be to try to get as many English-language books written about battles like Operation Bagration available in North America, which is so awash in books about D-Day that one could be forgiven for thinking that D-Day was the sole deciding factor in bringing down the Reich.
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans