Holocaust Denial Widespread Among Israel's ArabsBreaking News
Sammy Smooha believes the numbers, which have shown a significant shift in the past few years, signal a rising frustration among minority Arabs in the Jewish state. He said the growing Holocaust denial is fueled by a belief that recognizing the World War II genocide, in which German Nazis and their collaborators murdered 6 million Jews, gives justification to Israeli policies.
The survey found that 41 percent of respondents say the Holocaust never happened, up from 28 percent who said so in 2006 when the question was first asked.
comments powered by Disqus
Per Fagereng - 5/21/2009
When Israeli Arabs deny the Holocaust they are giving up their strongest argument. The Holocaust really did happen. It was perpetrated by Germans and many other Europeans. But the Palestinians paid for the crime.
Now the Europeans can assuage their guilt by supporting Israel's right to exist among the dispossessed scapegoats.
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK