Holocaust Denial Widespread Among Israel's Arabs
Sammy Smooha believes the numbers, which have shown a significant shift in the past few years, signal a rising frustration among minority Arabs in the Jewish state. He said the growing Holocaust denial is fueled by a belief that recognizing the World War II genocide, in which German Nazis and their collaborators murdered 6 million Jews, gives justification to Israeli policies.
The survey found that 41 percent of respondents say the Holocaust never happened, up from 28 percent who said so in 2006 when the question was first asked.
comments powered by Disqus
Per Fagereng - 5/21/2009
When Israeli Arabs deny the Holocaust they are giving up their strongest argument. The Holocaust really did happen. It was perpetrated by Germans and many other Europeans. But the Palestinians paid for the crime.
Now the Europeans can assuage their guilt by supporting Israel's right to exist among the dispossessed scapegoats.
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award