RAF ending 19-year Iraq missionBreaking News
From today, most British air personnel remaining in the country will return to the UK.
The RAF Ensign - flown at Basra Airport in southern Iraq since 2003 - has been lowered at a ceremony for 903 Expeditionary Air Wing.
A total of 22 RAF personnel died in Operation Telic, the name given to the UK military mission in Iraq since 2003.
The RAF was deployed on operations in the Gulf in August 1990, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook