RAF ending 19-year Iraq mission
From today, most British air personnel remaining in the country will return to the UK.
The RAF Ensign - flown at Basra Airport in southern Iraq since 2003 - has been lowered at a ceremony for 903 Expeditionary Air Wing.
A total of 22 RAF personnel died in Operation Telic, the name given to the UK military mission in Iraq since 2003.
The RAF was deployed on operations in the Gulf in August 1990, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.
comments powered by Disqus
- Kitty Genovese Killing Is Retold in the Film ‘37’
- Lithuania wants to erase its ugly history of Nazi collaboration
- Huckabee: Iran nuclear deal will march Israelis ‘to the door of the oven’
- Connecticut Democrats drop Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson names from annual fundraising dinner
- AP releases a million minutes of filmed history to YouTube
- Historian Shelly Cline researches female Nazi guards
- Owen Chadwick, Eminent Historian of Christianity, Dies at 99
- Testing the U.S.-Israel Bond