Abruzzo 'miracle' as fresco of Virgin Mary and Jesus appearsBreaking News
But residents of Rocca di Cambio, a village high in the Gran Sasso mountains of Abruzzo 25 kilometres from L’Aquila, are celebrating the emergence of a more longstanding survivor: a long-lost 11th Century fresco depicting the Virgin Mary and infant Jesus.
“This is wonderful news at a time of so much destruction and sorrow,” Antonio Pace, the mayor of Rocca di Cambio, told The Times. “The appearance of the Madonna and Child is a sign of hope. Nothing short of a miracle.”
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen J Cipolla - 4/20/2009
It was inevitable. But, now the Virgin has appeared and all will be well. Except for the dead, the injured, the homeless, the refugees, the children, the terrified, you know, the victims. For every "miracle" there are dozens of injured whose stories of pain and despair will be shelved in favor of this tripe.
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81