Historic newspapers to go online
Included in the £2m project by the National Library of Wales will be first-hand accounts from the Chartist march on Newport and the Rebecca riots.
Up to 300 titles will be available at the click of a button by 2012.
Last October, the library began digitising its collection of books, historical documents and works of art.
The initiative to bring old newspapers and magazines that pre-date the digital age to the web will be a great asset to researchers, local historians, genealogists, teachers and television researchers, it is claimed.
But the information will not be available online until 2012 because 2m pages have to be digitised.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic