Palestinian youth orchestra disbanded after playing for Holocaust survivorsBreaking News
Adnan Hindi of the Jenin camp called the Holocaust a ‘‘political issue’’ and accused the orchestra’s conductor, Wafaa Younis, of unknowingly dragging the children into a political dispute.
He added that Ms. Younis had been barred from the camp and that the apartment where she taught the 13-member Strings of Freedom orchestra had been boarded up.
‘‘She exploited the children,’’ said Mr. Hindi, the head of the camp’s ‘‘popular committee,’’ which takes on municipal duties.
The move highlights the sensitivity of many Palestinians over acknowledging Jewish suffering, fearing it would weaken their own historical grievances against Israel.
The camp’s residents are descendants of Palestinians who were displaced during Israel’s war of independence.
comments powered by Disqus
Thaddeus Brodrick Noble - 4/6/2009
It's against international law to deny a Jew the right to suffer. Suffering is what Jews live for.
Daily they mentally suffer over the fact that they don't:
1. Control all the money in the world.
2. Own all the land in the Middle East
(just for starters).
3. Own all the land on the rest of
the earth ( second land goal).
3. Control every government on the
face of the earth (their working
on that now).
4. Have the legal right to kill off
anyone who is NOT Jewish (they
have started practicing in Gaza).
Truly, the entire world should work even more diligently to make them suffer more.....A WHOLE LOT MORE !!
SO...What are we waiting for !!!
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
It is truly sad indeed that pain on both sides can't be acknowledged because of recriminations on both sides who do not wish to diminish the recognition of their own pains suffered.
Such is how such actions can distort good things that humans can do for each other because of the bad things they do to each other.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity