Palestinian youth orchestra disbanded after playing for Holocaust survivorsBreaking News
Adnan Hindi of the Jenin camp called the Holocaust a ‘‘political issue’’ and accused the orchestra’s conductor, Wafaa Younis, of unknowingly dragging the children into a political dispute.
He added that Ms. Younis had been barred from the camp and that the apartment where she taught the 13-member Strings of Freedom orchestra had been boarded up.
‘‘She exploited the children,’’ said Mr. Hindi, the head of the camp’s ‘‘popular committee,’’ which takes on municipal duties.
The move highlights the sensitivity of many Palestinians over acknowledging Jewish suffering, fearing it would weaken their own historical grievances against Israel.
The camp’s residents are descendants of Palestinians who were displaced during Israel’s war of independence.
comments powered by Disqus
Thaddeus Brodrick Noble - 4/6/2009
It's against international law to deny a Jew the right to suffer. Suffering is what Jews live for.
Daily they mentally suffer over the fact that they don't:
1. Control all the money in the world.
2. Own all the land in the Middle East
(just for starters).
3. Own all the land on the rest of
the earth ( second land goal).
3. Control every government on the
face of the earth (their working
on that now).
4. Have the legal right to kill off
anyone who is NOT Jewish (they
have started practicing in Gaza).
Truly, the entire world should work even more diligently to make them suffer more.....A WHOLE LOT MORE !!
SO...What are we waiting for !!!
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
It is truly sad indeed that pain on both sides can't be acknowledged because of recriminations on both sides who do not wish to diminish the recognition of their own pains suffered.
Such is how such actions can distort good things that humans can do for each other because of the bad things they do to each other.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea