Jewish groups denounce Oliphant Gaza cartoon
The syndicated cartoon published Wednesday in newspapers across the country depicts a goose-stepping uniformed figure wheeling the Jewish symbol as it menaces a small female figure labeled "Gaza."
The Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish rights group with more than 400,000 members in the United States, said the cartoon is meant to denigrate and demonize Israel.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
That Isra-El* demonized itself by its atrocious and vicious actions against the large scale prison that is Gaza. Hamas is rightly faulted for those pathetic and frightening missiles which are pale ghosts in comparison to the rain of fire from the arsenal of the "Prince of God"* like an Abrams tank against a peasant in a walled off place with a pellet gun. No match and this David is being slowly killed by the Goliath. One semite against another semite makes it what?
- 'Sexist' Paris streets renamed in the name of feminism
- NYT profiles a path-breaking transgender pioneer who became a judge
- CIA Plans Huge Release of Top-Secret Reports From the 1960s
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”