Jewish groups denounce Oliphant Gaza cartoon
The syndicated cartoon published Wednesday in newspapers across the country depicts a goose-stepping uniformed figure wheeling the Jewish symbol as it menaces a small female figure labeled "Gaza."
The Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish rights group with more than 400,000 members in the United States, said the cartoon is meant to denigrate and demonize Israel.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
That Isra-El* demonized itself by its atrocious and vicious actions against the large scale prison that is Gaza. Hamas is rightly faulted for those pathetic and frightening missiles which are pale ghosts in comparison to the rain of fire from the arsenal of the "Prince of God"* like an Abrams tank against a peasant in a walled off place with a pellet gun. No match and this David is being slowly killed by the Goliath. One semite against another semite makes it what?
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize