Jewish groups denounce Oliphant Gaza cartoon
The syndicated cartoon published Wednesday in newspapers across the country depicts a goose-stepping uniformed figure wheeling the Jewish symbol as it menaces a small female figure labeled "Gaza."
The Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish rights group with more than 400,000 members in the United States, said the cartoon is meant to denigrate and demonize Israel.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
That Isra-El* demonized itself by its atrocious and vicious actions against the large scale prison that is Gaza. Hamas is rightly faulted for those pathetic and frightening missiles which are pale ghosts in comparison to the rain of fire from the arsenal of the "Prince of God"* like an Abrams tank against a peasant in a walled off place with a pellet gun. No match and this David is being slowly killed by the Goliath. One semite against another semite makes it what?
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history