Jewish groups denounce Oliphant Gaza cartoon
The syndicated cartoon published Wednesday in newspapers across the country depicts a goose-stepping uniformed figure wheeling the Jewish symbol as it menaces a small female figure labeled "Gaza."
The Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish rights group with more than 400,000 members in the United States, said the cartoon is meant to denigrate and demonize Israel.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 4/1/2009
That Isra-El* demonized itself by its atrocious and vicious actions against the large scale prison that is Gaza. Hamas is rightly faulted for those pathetic and frightening missiles which are pale ghosts in comparison to the rain of fire from the arsenal of the "Prince of God"* like an Abrams tank against a peasant in a walled off place with a pellet gun. No match and this David is being slowly killed by the Goliath. One semite against another semite makes it what?
- See through the eyes of Rosa Parks
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965