Prehistoric Irish tomb damaged in ancient times by early 'vandals'
Gormley said that the names of 15 or 16 early 'vandals' who had carved their names into the stones had been translated using ancient texts, quipping:"Some things never seem to change". Knowth and a group of similar tombs in the area were built around the same time as Britain's Stonehenge and 500 years before Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza and are one of Ireland's top tourist attractions. They house a huge collection of Western European Neolithic art as well as the latest graffiti discovery.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate