Prehistoric Irish tomb damaged in ancient times by early 'vandals'Breaking News
Gormley said that the names of 15 or 16 early 'vandals' who had carved their names into the stones had been translated using ancient texts, quipping:"Some things never seem to change". Knowth and a group of similar tombs in the area were built around the same time as Britain's Stonehenge and 500 years before Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza and are one of Ireland's top tourist attractions. They house a huge collection of Western European Neolithic art as well as the latest graffiti discovery.
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled