Prehistoric Irish tomb damaged in ancient times by early 'vandals'
Gormley said that the names of 15 or 16 early 'vandals' who had carved their names into the stones had been translated using ancient texts, quipping:"Some things never seem to change". Knowth and a group of similar tombs in the area were built around the same time as Britain's Stonehenge and 500 years before Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza and are one of Ireland's top tourist attractions. They house a huge collection of Western European Neolithic art as well as the latest graffiti discovery.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control