British bishop sacked over Holocaust claimsBreaking News
Richard Williamson, who at the weekend defied the Pope's demand that he recant his views, was forced out as director of the seminary in Argentina by the breakaway Catholic faction of which he is a member, the Society of St. Pius X.
The Cambridge-educated cleric attracted global condemnation last month when he publicly dismissed the fact that the Nazis used gas chambers and insisted that rather than murdering six million Jews, they killed at most 300,000.
The society's South America head, Father Christian Bouchacourt, called Williamson's remarks "inopportune".
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 2/13/2009
You know the forgotten part of the Holocaust---all those targeted but not Jews including homosexuals, Romany and anyone else not part of the pure way of the 'Aryan' kind of mentality.
It is a crime what happened to the Jews, it is also a crime for any one else to ignore what was done to 6 million other human beings as well as per this article. Never again? Not at this rate.
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize