Holocaust denying bishop to examine 'historical evidence': reportBreaking News
"If I find proof I would rectify (earlier statements)... But all that will take time," Bishop Richard Williamson was quoted as saying by the German weekly magazine Der Spiegel.
The British-born bishop denied the existence of the gas chambers in an interview with Swedish television two days the pope lifted his ex-communication last month.
"I believe there were no gas chambers... I think that 200,000 to 300,000 Jews perished in Nazi concentration camps but none of them by gas chambers," Williamson said.
"There was not one Jew killed by the gas chambers. It was all lies, lies, lies!"
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 2/13/2009
Williamson just doesn't want to see that which would bring down the 'rational' for his prejudices. From the notes mentioning the "Final Solution" in 1931 at early meetings to all of the carefully noted items of each person killed and where their category was in the hierarchy of death to purge themselves of the 'dross' of humanity so they could have their hygenically, eugenically pure society.
Don't forget the other 6 million killed of undesireables like homosexuals and Romany and so many others considered "untermensche" or sub-human to them and some considered so today in our own society and for the same reasons. Don't forget.
Greg L, Reinders - 2/8/2009
I will donate to provide him with all expense paid trip to visit every existing camp, and let him view the gas chambers. I have visited Dachau and you can still the smell of death there. The ovens are still there, as well as the "multipurpose" execution chambers. It was so busy, they had to increase the number of chambers to keep up!
John Acord - 2/8/2009
Let the Bishop write his report. I am sure he will fnd that he is wrong for if he is not a great crime has been committed against the German people. Name calling, thought control, anti-Catholic rhetoric is not a substitute for a thoughful discourse on the entire subject of the Holocaust.
James Jude Simonelli - 2/7/2009
Roman Catholic Hypocrisy
Being myself a baby boomer (born in 1946) and product of Roman Catholic grade school, high school and college education system, let me unequivocally state, the Roman Catholic Church represents the height of religious hypocrisy on Earth today.
Pope Pius XII, it is said worked behind the scenes, through various religious and secular officials to save Jews from the jaws of the insatiable appetite of the Nazi hate machinery.
Whether and or whatever he may have done – he didn’t do enough.
“Christ Killers” seems to be the term most Catholics use, whether spoken or secretly thought. Be they, Roman, Eastern, Russian, Greek flavor Catholics they perpetuate that anti-Semitism that to this day permeates much of the so called Christian world and most certainly the Fundamentalist Islamic world.
The current Pope for all is pomp and circumstance and ceremony is yet another hypocritical so called “Christian”. This idiot or bigot Bishop is a disgrace. Tolerating him is unfathomable.
It will only be when leaders such as the current “Representative of Christ” (the Pope) once and for all decries and disavows UNDER PENALTY of EXCOMMUNICATION such vile and hateful sentiment as espoused by this bishop, that we will be able to call members of any Catholic Church, a Christian.
Put your nihil obstat and imprimatur on that!
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges