How the Government Dealt With Past Recessions
comments powered by Disqus
John Olerud - 2/3/2009
New Deal or Raw Deal is an excellent new volume that points out Keynesian economic policy deepened and prolonged our Great Depression. Milton Friedman proved that faulty fiscal policy turned a garden variety recession into the Great Depression. When will erroneous history give way to the reality that monetary policy is the answer, and that Keynesian style government deficit spending crowds out more efficient private sector investment that ended recessions in 1921, 1907, 1893, and 1873.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences