How the Government Dealt With Past RecessionsBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
John Olerud - 2/3/2009
New Deal or Raw Deal is an excellent new volume that points out Keynesian economic policy deepened and prolonged our Great Depression. Milton Friedman proved that faulty fiscal policy turned a garden variety recession into the Great Depression. When will erroneous history give way to the reality that monetary policy is the answer, and that Keynesian style government deficit spending crowds out more efficient private sector investment that ended recessions in 1921, 1907, 1893, and 1873.
- Letters collection offers unique glimpse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project