How the Government Dealt With Past Recessions
comments powered by Disqus
John Olerud - 2/3/2009
New Deal or Raw Deal is an excellent new volume that points out Keynesian economic policy deepened and prolonged our Great Depression. Milton Friedman proved that faulty fiscal policy turned a garden variety recession into the Great Depression. When will erroneous history give way to the reality that monetary policy is the answer, and that Keynesian style government deficit spending crowds out more efficient private sector investment that ended recessions in 1921, 1907, 1893, and 1873.
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the conservatives in the gay marriage case have a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.