How the Government Dealt With Past Recessions
comments powered by Disqus
John Olerud - 2/3/2009
New Deal or Raw Deal is an excellent new volume that points out Keynesian economic policy deepened and prolonged our Great Depression. Milton Friedman proved that faulty fiscal policy turned a garden variety recession into the Great Depression. When will erroneous history give way to the reality that monetary policy is the answer, and that Keynesian style government deficit spending crowds out more efficient private sector investment that ended recessions in 1921, 1907, 1893, and 1873.
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?