How the Government Dealt With Past Recessions
comments powered by Disqus
John Olerud - 2/3/2009
New Deal or Raw Deal is an excellent new volume that points out Keynesian economic policy deepened and prolonged our Great Depression. Milton Friedman proved that faulty fiscal policy turned a garden variety recession into the Great Depression. When will erroneous history give way to the reality that monetary policy is the answer, and that Keynesian style government deficit spending crowds out more efficient private sector investment that ended recessions in 1921, 1907, 1893, and 1873.
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ