103 year old who worked on Wall Street in 1929 is still there
But as he recalls, he was one of the luckier ones."I got my pay cut to 60 dollars a week. And I remember my rich employer saying to me 'Why are you smiling?'. And I said 'I thought you were going to fire me'."
At the age of 103, Mr Kahn may be the oldest working financial analyst on Wall Street.
He is chairman of Kahn Brothers, a New York investment firm, and still goes to the office every day searching for undervalued stocks.
So what does he make of recent events?
Mr Kahn warns against drawing close parallels between what the US went through then and the present financial problems.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences