Cuba celebrates the Revolution's 50th anniversary under a shadowBreaking News
Castro's younger brother Raul, 77, who replaced the veteran dictator as president in February, will lead the main celebrations in the eastern city of Santiago, addressing a crowd from the same balcony where Fidel proclaimed victory on Jan 1, 1959.
Concerts are planned throughout the country, with the major one in Havana where popular Cuban band Los Van Van will play at the so-called Anti-Imperialist Tribunal in front of the US Interests Section, America's de facto embassy.
comments powered by Disqus
Raul A Garcia - 12/31/2008
Time to depart, dinosaurs. Time to topple statues of false prophets and failures. Time to end the oppression and stranglehold. Time to revise the history of this "socialist paradise".Time for freedom for Cuba's people. Enough already.
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut