Cuba celebrates the Revolution's 50th anniversary under a shadowBreaking News
Castro's younger brother Raul, 77, who replaced the veteran dictator as president in February, will lead the main celebrations in the eastern city of Santiago, addressing a crowd from the same balcony where Fidel proclaimed victory on Jan 1, 1959.
Concerts are planned throughout the country, with the major one in Havana where popular Cuban band Los Van Van will play at the so-called Anti-Imperialist Tribunal in front of the US Interests Section, America's de facto embassy.
comments powered by Disqus
Raul A Garcia - 12/31/2008
Time to depart, dinosaurs. Time to topple statues of false prophets and failures. Time to end the oppression and stranglehold. Time to revise the history of this "socialist paradise".Time for freedom for Cuba's people. Enough already.
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer