World War II American observation post found in Arunachal Pradesh
A government spokesman said villagers discovered the post, spread over about 500 square metres, near Wintong village in Changlang district, about 600 km east of state capital Itanagar.
'The area was probably used as a monitoring and observation camp by American soldiers who were part of the Allied Forces to monitor air strikes during World War II,' said Arunachal Pradesh assembly speaker Setong Sena.
comments powered by Disqus
- 115-Year-Old Shipwreck Finally Located Along Lake Superior's 'Shipwreck Coast'
- There’s no surge in immigrant children across the border
- A Chinese boy has made the discovery of a lifetime by stumbling across a 3,000-year-old bronze sword
- Are Biblical Epics Epically Racist?
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- NYT praises Kissinger’s new book as right for the times