Earliest human home found in S. Africa
Small tools believed to have been used by homo habilis--one of several species of advanced primates that lived in south-ern Africa at that time--were unearthed by University of Toronto archeologist Michael Chazan and colleagues from the Hebrew Universityin Jerusalem and South Africa's McGregor Museum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ