Berlin memorial to Roma WWII dead
It will feature a square well brimming with water and bearing an inscription of a poem about the Holocaust.
The leader of Germany's Roma community, Romani Rose, praised the government for"recognising its historical responsibility" to those persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean