Argentina suspends Astiz release
The criminal appeals court ordered the release of Alfredo Astiz and 13 others after finding he had been held for more than two years without a conviction.
The former Naval captain, known as the"Blond Angel of Death", is accused of the disappearance of dozens of people.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences