Argentina suspends Astiz release
The criminal appeals court ordered the release of Alfredo Astiz and 13 others after finding he had been held for more than two years without a conviction.
The former Naval captain, known as the"Blond Angel of Death", is accused of the disappearance of dozens of people.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830