Bill expands definition of treason in Russia
The bill, which is expected to pass in Parliament, would expand the definition of treason to include damaging Russia's constitutional order, sovereignty or territorial integrity.
That, critics said, would essentially let the authorities interpret any act against the state as treason, a crime punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate