Greek protesters unveil banner on AcropolisBreaking News
On the twelfth day of unrest since a police officer's fatal shooting of a schoolboy triggered riots and arson, protesters unfurled two large pink banners from the stone walls of the ancient hilltop citadel, which looms over Athens.
"Thursday 18/12 demonstrations in all Europe," one banner read in Greek, English, Italian and German, while the other simply bore the word:"Resistance".
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools