Greek protesters unveil banner on AcropolisBreaking News
On the twelfth day of unrest since a police officer's fatal shooting of a schoolboy triggered riots and arson, protesters unfurled two large pink banners from the stone walls of the ancient hilltop citadel, which looms over Athens.
"Thursday 18/12 demonstrations in all Europe," one banner read in Greek, English, Italian and German, while the other simply bore the word:"Resistance".
comments powered by Disqus
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut