World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument is Established by
The five sites in Hawaii incorporated into the new Monument are all at Pearl Harbor, the main focus of the December 7, 1941, Japanese bombing raid that plunged America into World War II. The USS Arizona Memorial and visitor center are included, together with the USS Oklahoma Memorial, the USS Utah Memorial, six Chief Petty Office bungalows in Ford Island, and three mooring quays that once constituted part of Battleship Row in Pearl Harbor.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign