Brazil considers Indian land case
The court has been asked to rule on whether a reservation in the Amazonian state of Roraima can remain a single unbroken territory.
Indian leaders in Brazil say the case could set a crucial precedent for the protection of their ancestral lands.
But rice farmers say they could be forced to leave the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project