Day of Infamy: Pearl Harbor attack etched in Delco vet’s mind
“One kid saw my hat and said, ‘Look, a Pearl Harbor survivor.’ The other kid said, ‘I know where Pearl Harbor is. It’s a fishing village in Florida.’”
The 87-year-old Middletown resident generally shies away from the spotlight, but if he can help educate younger generations about World War II, he is willing to do so.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I