Day of Infamy: Pearl Harbor attack etched in Delco vet’s mind
“One kid saw my hat and said, ‘Look, a Pearl Harbor survivor.’ The other kid said, ‘I know where Pearl Harbor is. It’s a fishing village in Florida.’”
The 87-year-old Middletown resident generally shies away from the spotlight, but if he can help educate younger generations about World War II, he is willing to do so.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing