Edward VIII's links to a mystic
Previously undisclosed archives tell the story of a king in the grip of a man known as"The Yorkshire Yogi".
Dr Alexander Cannon trained as a medic, and dabbled in alternative treatments, mystic techniques and black magic.
Lambeth Palace was tipped off that the King was receiving hypnotic treatment from Dr Cannon for a drink problem.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History