Nazi holiday resort Prora to be opened to tourists for first timeBreaking News
The giant complex of hotels in the Prora resort on the country's biggest island in the Baltic Sea was designed to house 20,000 tourists as part of Adolf Hitler's Strength Through Joy program to keep the German nation healthy. The construction of the mammoth project began in 1936 but was abandoned in 1943 due to the war, and the five six-storey concrete buildings on Ruegen's beautiful sandy beach were never opened to the public.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian
- Holocaust historian 'will quit US' if Trump is elected
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. says the new African American history museum proves Jefferson was wrong