Nazi leader Hitler really did have only one-- Yes, he was monorchicBreaking News
The Nazi leader lost a testicle during the Battle of the Somme in 1916, the doctor claimed.
The medical condition, for which there has never been conclusive proof, was mocked in the Second World War ditty which begins: "Hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the Albert Hall."
The disclosure is made in a document noting a conversation in the 1960s between German war doctor Johan Jambor and his priest, Franciszek Pawlar, according to The Sun. The priest's document has come to light 23 years after Jambor's death.
Although it was known Hitler suffered a groin injury in the Somme, evidence that he was 'monorchic' - the medical word for the condition - has evaded historians.
comments powered by Disqus
Nicholas Clifford - 11/21/2008
The Silly Season is on. It must be a rule that on every (well, almost every) edition of HNN, there has to be a mention of Hitler.
This particular story may or may not be true; but would someone please explain what its historical significance is? What difference does it make if this condition has "evaded historians?" Or have we descended to the level of the supermarket tabloids?
(Better we should all go read Don DeLillo's White Noise, whose protagonist chairs the Hitler Studies Program at a small college).
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history