Getting to know Lincoln: New biographies mark bicentennial
Here are some highlights:
Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer. Fred Kaplan.
Abraham Lincoln as Commander-in-Chief. James M. McPherson.
New Perspectives on Lincoln and His World. Edited by Eric Foner.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 10/17/2008
Also born February 12, 1809 was another man who also acheived world fame and forever changed the way we think about the world, Charles Darwin. One suspects that more books have been written about these men, and resulting from their work, directly or indirectly than any other human beings ever.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean