Remains of 600 American Indians are back in W.Va.Breaking News
The remains, stored in about 150 boxes, were shipped from Ohio State University to the Grave Creek Mound Archaeological Complex Research Facility in Moundsville last week.
Now, the goal is to rebury the remains in Putnam County - out of what advocates say is respect for the dead and Indian spirituality.
The skeletal remains were unearthed in 1963 in Buffalo less than a mile from the present-day Toyota plant. American Electric Power currently owns the land.
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled