East German leaders used frozen carcasses to inflate shooting party tallies
Details of how the state's former leader, Erich Honecker, cheated at shooting parties have been revealed out as a unique collection of guns owned by him and other top party officials has come up for sale.
The 31 rifles, shotguns and pistols which once belonged to Honecker and other Communist officials, including the hated Stasi secret police chief Erich Mielke, are expected to fetch more than their estimated half million euros (£400,000) value at auction next month.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead