Georgia congressman defends "uppity" remark about ObamasBreaking News
Says in a statement: “I’ve never heard that term used in a racially derogatory sense. It is important to note that the dictionary definition of ‘uppity’ is ‘affecting an air of inflated self-esteem — snobbish.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 9/10/2008
Such a liar he is. I am expecting a wink and a nudge to let me know he knows what he is saying isn't true.
Greg L, Reinders - 9/6/2008
The Congressman ignores the history of slavery,as the word is found frequently in primary sources writings of the slave owning community prior to, during and after the civil war. Perhaps he does not read history of those times.
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide