Georgia congressman defends "uppity" remark about ObamasBreaking News
Says in a statement: “I’ve never heard that term used in a racially derogatory sense. It is important to note that the dictionary definition of ‘uppity’ is ‘affecting an air of inflated self-esteem — snobbish.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 9/10/2008
Such a liar he is. I am expecting a wink and a nudge to let me know he knows what he is saying isn't true.
Greg L, Reinders - 9/6/2008
The Congressman ignores the history of slavery,as the word is found frequently in primary sources writings of the slave owning community prior to, during and after the civil war. Perhaps he does not read history of those times.
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit