Georgia congressman defends "uppity" remark about Obamas
Says in a statement: “I’ve never heard that term used in a racially derogatory sense. It is important to note that the dictionary definition of ‘uppity’ is ‘affecting an air of inflated self-esteem — snobbish.’”
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 9/10/2008
Such a liar he is. I am expecting a wink and a nudge to let me know he knows what he is saying isn't true.
Greg L, Reinders - 9/6/2008
The Congressman ignores the history of slavery,as the word is found frequently in primary sources writings of the slave owning community prior to, during and after the civil war. Perhaps he does not read history of those times.
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar