Slave grave: Researchers find evidence behind 150-year-old tale (Iowa)Breaking News
Lending credence to the 150-year-old tale is that the west half of the three-acre, fenced-in parcel of land has not a single headstone or marker anywhere on it. Cemetery caretakers seemed to have deliberately kept this section undisturbed.
“It’s the most unusual cemetery I’ve ever seen,” archeologist Steve De Vore said.
These clues got state and local historical agencies thinking this might be a legitimate place to scan for signs of underground, man-made disturbances.
And they’ve found some.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook