Slave grave: Researchers find evidence behind 150-year-old tale (Iowa)
Lending credence to the 150-year-old tale is that the west half of the three-acre, fenced-in parcel of land has not a single headstone or marker anywhere on it. Cemetery caretakers seemed to have deliberately kept this section undisturbed.
“It’s the most unusual cemetery I’ve ever seen,” archeologist Steve De Vore said.
These clues got state and local historical agencies thinking this might be a legitimate place to scan for signs of underground, man-made disturbances.
And they’ve found some.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate