Why Neanderthal man may not have been as stupid as he looksBreaking News
Scientists who spent years learning how to make replicas of the stone instruments used by Neanderthals and Homo sapiens have found the Neanderthal tools were just as efficient as anything made by Stone Age man.
And researchers believe that the demise of the Neanderthals – which has often been explained by the supposed inferiority of their technology – could not have come about solely as a result of their stone tools being worse than those of their rivals.
"Our research disputes a major pillar holding up the long-held assumption that Homo sapiens were more advanced than Neanderthals. It is time for archaeologists to start searching for other reasons why Neanderthals became extinct," said Metin Eren, a graduate student at Exeter University.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/29/2008
One; too well adapted for the environment they have survived in for some 250,000 years and when the climate changed too fast for them they couldn't survive.
Two; Homo sapients sapients was just too cutthroat and xenophobic and killed them where ever they found them.(Maybe it was a new mutation of the psychopathic type that caused humanity's increased brutality.)
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed