Musharraf's turbulent 9 years in powerBreaking News
Although Musharraf's decision to side with Washington after the Sept. 11 attacks helped rescue Pakistan from the status of a pariah nation, it was followed by an explosion in Islamic militancy at home. Combined with his fumbled efforts to stay in power as democracy returned to Pakistan, he leaves the presidency reviled by many of his countrymen.
His demise was as tortured as his arrival was swift.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide