Musharraf's turbulent 9 years in power
Although Musharraf's decision to side with Washington after the Sept. 11 attacks helped rescue Pakistan from the status of a pariah nation, it was followed by an explosion in Islamic militancy at home. Combined with his fumbled efforts to stay in power as democracy returned to Pakistan, he leaves the presidency reviled by many of his countrymen.
His demise was as tortured as his arrival was swift.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic