Cattle drive pays homage to Fort Worth history
Tourists visiting the nation's 17th-largest city line the sidewalks and gleefully snap pictures as a few cowboys on horses herd about 15 of the animals down the block, onto a side street and back into their large pen.
This is the Fort Worth cattle drive, starting its 10th year this summer in the city's historic Stockyards. With 284,000 visitors so far this year, the event is already on par to break the attendance record of 366,000 set in 2007, officials said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC