The cost of US warsBreaking News
There's a snapshot on your left. You can also look at the full graphic -- along with the option to view war costs by size of GDP. (We created the graphic using a free Web site from IBM called ManyEyes.)
The report notes that the estimates are likely an undercount:"All estimates are of the costs of military operations only and do not include costs of veterans benefits, interest paid for borrowing money to finance wars, or assistance to allies."
comments powered by Disqus
James W Loewen - 8/1/2008
This is totally useless, because no attempt was made to put it in constant dollars. Consider: A. Lincoln bought his home in Springfield in 1844 for $1200. He did add on to it, but in its original form it would now be worth at least $100,000. So as a start, multiply the Civil War disk size by 83.
Sigh! Things like this just make us stupider!
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history