1708 Tragedy Studied by Ukrainian ArcheologistsBreaking News
At present Baturyn is a small town, but in the 18th century it was home for Ivan Mazepa, a legendary commander or “ghetman” in Ukrainian.
"Under the patronage of President Victor Yuschenko the revival of ghetman’s capital is happening in the city of Baturyn,” said Vladimir Prihodko, a local administrator.
During the Nothern War with Sweden, Mazepa turned on his Russian Rulers, and fought with the Swedish against the Tsar.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017