Papal apologies have been few in church's history; some examples from
Pope Benedict XVI
_ July 19, 2008: Said he was"deeply sorry for the pain and suffering" of victims of child sex abuse by clergy in Australia.
_ April, 2008: Said he was"deeply ashamed" of the child sex abuse scandal in the church and that the issue had sometimes been"very badly handled" by church officials.
_ September, 2006: Said he was"deeply sorry" for remarks in a speech that linked Islam with violence, triggering outrage in the Muslim world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay