Surveyors say they've found Acadian settlementBreaking News
Following an 18th-century English map and the journals of British Commodore John Byron - the man who led the English conquest against the Acadians - a Quebec archeologist thinks he might have found the village of La Petite-Rochelle, the last settlement that Cmdre. Byron burned to the ground.
"We're pretty confident that we've located the village that the Acadians had fled to, to get away from the deportation," said Michel Goudreau, vice-president of Quebec-based La Société Historique Machault, the organization that sponsored the survey.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook