Surveyors say they've found Acadian settlementBreaking News
Following an 18th-century English map and the journals of British Commodore John Byron - the man who led the English conquest against the Acadians - a Quebec archeologist thinks he might have found the village of La Petite-Rochelle, the last settlement that Cmdre. Byron burned to the ground.
"We're pretty confident that we've located the village that the Acadians had fled to, to get away from the deportation," said Michel Goudreau, vice-president of Quebec-based La Société Historique Machault, the organization that sponsored the survey.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian