Pope indicates Australia may get its first saint; Vatican looks at
During a visit to a chapel devoted to Mary MacKillop, who is celebrated for her work caring for children in rural towns across the country last century, nuns said Pope Benedict XVI indicated MacKillop was approaching final judgment on her canonization.
MacKillop was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1995 after the Vatican determined she miraculously cured a woman suffering from leukemia. But the Vatican needs confirmation of a second miracle in order to make her a saint.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic