Pope indicates Australia may get its first saint; Vatican looks at
During a visit to a chapel devoted to Mary MacKillop, who is celebrated for her work caring for children in rural towns across the country last century, nuns said Pope Benedict XVI indicated MacKillop was approaching final judgment on her canonization.
MacKillop was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1995 after the Vatican determined she miraculously cured a woman suffering from leukemia. But the Vatican needs confirmation of a second miracle in order to make her a saint.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?