Housing developments threaten England's battlefields
The conservation organisation warned that battlefields, sites of special archaeological interest and scheduled monuments are at a much greater risk than listed buildings because local authorities often view them as a loss-making "burden". \
The Heritage at Risk (HAR) register published today lists eight of England's 43 registered battlefields as "at high risk of loss of historic significance," and a further 10 at moderate risk.
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize