Housing developments threaten England's battlefieldsBreaking News
The conservation organisation warned that battlefields, sites of special archaeological interest and scheduled monuments are at a much greater risk than listed buildings because local authorities often view them as a loss-making "burden". \
The Heritage at Risk (HAR) register published today lists eight of England's 43 registered battlefields as "at high risk of loss of historic significance," and a further 10 at moderate risk.
comments powered by Disqus
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?